Welcome to our vibrant community of expecting and new parents!
Searching for a Parent Support Group in Boston? At our Parent Support Groups, we bring together individuals who are embarking on the incredible journey of parenthood. Whether you are a first-time parent or preparing to welcome another little one into your family, you’ll find a supportive and understanding environment where you can connect with others who are in the same stage of life.
Our experienced facilitators are here to guide the conversations and foster meaningful connections among attendees. They provide valuable insights and advice on various topics such as feeding, sleeping, nurturing relationships with
others, and your individual identity as you navigate this exciting new season of life as a parent.
We offer a range of groups tailored to different stages, including:
Newbies Parent Support Group for Parent & Infant ages 0-3 months
Here We Go Again Parent Support Group for Parent & Infant ages 0-3 months
Second, third, (and more!) time parents
Kangas Parent Support Group for Parent & Infant ages 3-6 months
Reserve your spot in our Parent Support Groups below.
Please note: all groups scheduled to begin in December 2023 can be reserved via Eventbrite. All groups scheduled to begin in January 2024 and beyond can be reserved via the Little Lovage booking software.
Parent Support Groups FAQs
Book a Parent Support Group: All 2023 Parent Support Groups (through December 2023) are
available via Eventbrite. For Parent Support Groups starting in January 2024 and beyond,
please go here.
When setting up your account, please use your child’s name (if possible), and your child’s birthday or due date. Please add your phone number to your account.
What are Parent Support Groups? Located at the intersection of Back Bay and the South End in Boston, our Parent Support Groups are designed to build local connection and
community with other new parents, get real about the challenges of early parenthood, help work through new relationship dynamics, and provide practical suggestions for infant sleeping, feeding, soothing and more.
How are Parent Support Groups Structured? Groups meet for 90 minutes, 6 weeks in a row. Groups are kept small at 8 participants (no more than 10) and one group facilitator.
Who are Parent Support Groups for? Postnatal Parent Support Groups are designed for a primary caregiver to attend with a young infant rather than for couples. We want to ensure there is space to be really honest about how parenthood has affected your own identity and your relationships. That being said, we celebrate the fact that families grow in many ways and if you have any questions about whether a postnatal support group is a good fit for you, please reach out to email@example.com.
Newbies | Parent Support Group | 0-3 months
Entering parenthood is an awe-inspiring journey, marked by thrilling highs and challenging lows. Our Newbies Parent Support Group is here to provide you with a supportive community to share your experiences and receive valuable guidance.
During our sessions, we’ll dive into the nitty-gritty of caring for newborns, covering topics like feeding methods (breastfeeding, pumping, bottle-feeding, and formula) and optimizing sleep routines. We’ll also take time to address the unique challenges faced by primary caregivers, such as seeking and managing support, finding balance between daily responsibilities and childcare, and navigating the complex landscape of relationships.
In addition to this wealth of knowledge, we’re strong advocates for fostering connections within the group. We believe that forming bonds with fellow parents is just as essential as gaining practical insights. We’ll encourage you to get to know one another on a personal level and plan enjoyable activities outside of our sessions, whether it’s a casual lunch or other social gatherings. These connections often become a vital part of your parenting journey.
Here We Go Again | Parent Support Group | 0-3 months
for second, third (and more!) time parents
Welcome back for another round! With your prior experience, you’ve already conquered the essentials, but now it’s time to master the art of juggling another baby while tending to the evolving needs of your growing family.
Our Here We Go Again Parent Support Group is your go-to resource for addressing the common challenges of parenthood and discovering the best ways to maintain your time and sanity when dealing with both an infant and a toddler. In this gathering of seasoned parents, whether you’re on your second round or more, you’re encouraged to ask questions, swap tips and ideas, and enjoy socializing while savoring those precious one-on-one moments with your newest family addition.
You’ll find camaraderie with fellow parents who are also navigating the joys and trials of a growing family. This is an opportunity for you and your baby to forge new connections and feel the warmth of a supportive community that understands the unique adventure you’re embarking on.
Kangas | Parent Support Group | 3-6 months
Congratulations! You’ve successfully navigated those initial few months, and now you’re witnessing a world of new milestones your baby is achieving. From that first heartwarming smile, delightful cooing, to the exciting feats of rolling over and grasping objects, your baby is in a constant state of growth and change.
In our Kangas Parent Support Group, we’re here to provide you with the support and guidance you need as your little one continues to develop and explore the world around them. We’ll delve into topics like sleep expectations, the introduction of solid foods, baby-proofing your environment, and tracking growth and developmental milestones. Plus, we’ve got an engaging circle-time session lined up, complete with songs and age-appropriate games to keep both you and your baby entertained.
This is your space to ask questions, share your own insights and tips, and connect with other parents as you create beautiful memories with your baby. You’ll gain valuable insights on how to best adapt to all these incredible changes, forge new friendships, and find the support you need on this delightful parenting journey.
Meet our Parent Support Group Team
Parent Support Group Facilitator: Kara Doherty
Kara has twenty years of childcare experience starting as nanny and then as a postpartum doula providing overnight support for new families. Her passion is helping parents get off on the right foot so they can enjoy the newborn stage. She’s excited to help the moms in Parent Support Groups get more confident and answer all their newborn questions and especially likes helping with feeding and sleep routines. She’s hoping to help the new mothers really enjoy their time with their new baby and make this stage less stressful and more fun.
Kara is our facilitator for all Newbies Parent Support Groups.
Parent Support Group Facilitator: Vanessa Thornton
Vanessa is a South End mom of two, Fiona (5) and James (3). She has a master’s degree in nutrition and has been a dietitian and certified specialist in pediatrics for 12 years. Vanessa is the owner of South End Family Nutrition, helping parents and families on the path to health and happiness. She teaches virtual classes on Tinyhood and runs groups and workshops all around the city for parents, children and entire families.
Vanessa realized early in her career two very important things: 1) You can’t treat nutrition issues in a vacuum. Instead, you have to explore sleep habits, mental health, physical wellbeing and emotional security to truly find health and 2) That the wellness of family members is always interconnected. For this reason, she considers herself a Family Dietitian and takes a holistic, whole-family approach to health. She enjoys supporting parents in group settings to be able to witness the magic moments when moms find connection and learn from each other.
Vanessa is our facilitator for all Kangas and Here We Go Again Parent Support Groups.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- We are a peanut and tree nut free facility. Please do not bring any nuts into our space.
- Caregivers are always free at Lovage. We only charge per child. We do not allow shoes in the playspace; children may be barefoot or in socks. We suggest that caregivers wear socks as well. Grippy socks are best!
- Parents/caregivers should always be within arms reach of their children and are responsible for continually supervising their children while in our space.
- We have bathrooms with child-sized amenities and a changing table with extra diapers. Children should never be in the bathroom alone. For eating and feeding we have a bottle warmer, filtered water and paper cups, kid-sized tables and chairs, and high chairs. We ask that all food stays in the snack area.
- You may bring your own food and drinks (no nuts please, see above!). Please nurse or feed a baby a bottle wherever and whenever you need to while in our space. You may also use our private feeding room.
- Download our App: We HIGHLY recommend downloading our app! It is the easiest way to build a profile, sign our waiver, search our schedule, book and cancel classes and Open Play, and more. Go here to download on Apple. Go here to download on Google.
- The First Name and Last Name on your Little Lovage Club account will be your "Primary" CHILD's name (not your name, or another adult’s name). That way your child's name will show up on our class & open play rosters. Your "Primary" child will the the child in your family who will most frequently use Little Lovage Club services. You can book additional children using the "Book a Guest" feature for Open Play and Enrichment Classes (see below).
- Please purchase enough credits to book all siblings into the same Open Play session. It is straightforward to book a second, third (or more!) child into the same Open Play session using a drop in or a pack of Open Play passes. First, please purchase the correct number of Open Play credits; at least one credit per child. Second, book your primary child into the Open Play session using a single credit. Finally, book second and additional children into Open Play using the "Book a Guest" feature; use a single credit per child.
- Booking siblings into the same Enrichment Class: If you want to book two siblings into the same class, and you are using a drop in Enrichment class credit, you will use the same "Book a Guest" process as you do for Open Play. Please make sure to purchase the correct number of credits to book multiple children; one credit per child. If you are redeeming one of your Membership credits for an Enrichment Class, please go to our Membership page for instructions on how to book siblings into the same Enrichment Class.
- Reserve in Advance: Please try to reserve Enrichment Classes and Open Play ahead of time! We cannot guarantee we will have a walk in space and we do not want you to show up and not be able to get into the program of your choice.
- Cancellation Windows: We have a 2-hour cancellation window. If you cancel two (2) hours before the start of your class or Open Play reservation, you will receive your credit back in your account to use at another time. If you do not cancel, you will lose your credit. We do understand that extenuating circumstances happen; please email firstname.lastname@example.org if something outside of your control prevented you from canceling within our cancellation window.
- Book a Parent Support Group: You can book Parent Support Groups via our website. Go here to view and purchase.
- What are Parent Support Groups? Our Parent Support Groups are designed to build connection and community with other new parents, get real about the challenges of early parenthood, help work through new relationship dynamics, and provide practical suggestions for infant sleeping, feeding, soothing and more. Groups meet for 90 minutes, 6 weeks in a row. Groups are kept small at 8 participants (no more than 10) and one group facilitator.
- Who are Parent Support Groups for? Postnatal classes are designed for a primary caregiver to attend with a young infant rather than for couples. We want to ensure there is space to be really honest about how parenthood has affected your own identity and your relationships. That being said, we celebrate the fact that families grow in many ways and if you have any questions about whether a postnatal support group is a good fit for you, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Go to our Membership Page to see what’s included in a Lovage Membership and Membership options.
- Enrichment Classes: Each membership includes credits to book for our Enrichment Classes – either 4, 6, or 8 per month depending on your selection. These Enrichment Class credits can be used to book our more hands-on and development-focused Enrichment Classes.
- Enrichment Classes: You can mix and match enrichment class bookings – think of these as equivalent to class passes for a fitness studio. They can be used for any class in that month (e.g. attending 2 or 3 enrichment classes in one week if you will be traveling later in the month, using classes for different kids in your family, etc.).
- Open Play Passes:Your membership also includes either a 10 or 20 Open Play Credits per month (10 for Singles and 20 for Duos). In order to add your Membership Open Play Credits, please take the following steps:
- Open Play Passes: You can use your Open Play credits for any siblings in your family, or for guests! Just reserve using your “Reserve for Guest” option. If you are not bringing a sibling, and instead are bringing a new person, please input an email so we can add them to our system and have them sign a waiver.
- Adding Siblings to Enrichment Classes or Open Play: Memberships are intended to be shared between siblings in a family. However, our booking platform MarianaTek is designed for single users so we have created a few workarounds. Click here for tips on using MarianaTek.
- Monthly Credits do not roll over: Monthly Enrichment Classes and Open Play credits do not roll over (use them or lose them during the 1 month period). However, you can use your credits to book classes for any future class on our schedule, even if it is after the expiration date of your membership credits.
- Membership Terms: Your Monthly Membership starts on the first day you pay for your membership, not the 1st of the month. Memberships are charged monthly and are auto-renewed with your primary credit card on file every month. They are billed on the date you purchase, not the 1st of the month (e.g. if you first purchase a membership on August 28th, that is your billing date).
- Cancel a Membership: You can cancel with 10 days’ notice before your next billing cycle by sending us a written cancellation request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please reach out if you have additional questions or special requests (e.g. when a grandparent is paying for membership.)
1) Purchase your membership.
2) Once you have an active membership, please email email@example.com and ask our team to add your credits into your account. Alternatively, our Front Desk team can assist you in person.
- Open Play Schedule: Each Open Play booking is a two-hour session. Open Play is broken into 30-minute start times and is available during all operating hours: 9:00 am–5:00 pm every weekday, and 9:00–1:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Your Open Play booking provides access to the play space and amenities for a two-hour block.
- Open Play on the Weekends: Generally, Open Play is not available on Saturday or Sunday afternoons due to private parties, but please check the schedule to confirm.
- Book a Spot for Every Child: Every child who comes to Open Play must have a separate booking to play, including siblings. However, babies under 6 months who accompany an older sibling are not charged for Open Play. Every child over the age of 6 months must be booked into Open Play.
- Advanced Bookings Recommended: Advanced bookings are highly recommended, especially for our peak morning Open Play from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a walk-in spot will be available if you do not sign up ahead of time.
- Purchasing Enrichment Class credits: You can either buy a credit for a Single Enrichment class ($35) which also includes 30 minutes of free play before class; or you can purchase a Membership which will have either 4, 6 or 8 credits per month. See Membership FAQs above.
- Open Play after Class: Your Enrichment Class booking does NOT include Open Play after your class has ended. If you'd like to stay for Open Play after your class, please book an Open Play session.
- Please Arrive Early: We always recommend arriving at Lovage to check in and get settled at least 15 minutes in advance of your Enrichment Class start time. You are welcome to play in our Open Space for up to 30 minutes until the start of class is announced. After you’ve checked in and your stroller is settled, please move into the Open Play space to make room for others to arrive.
- Book at Spot for Every Child: Every child attending an Enrichment Class must have a separate booking, including siblings. However, babies under 6 months who accompany an older sibling to a class designed for the older sibling can attend free of charge.
- Booking Siblings into Enrichment Classes: Non-Members: You can book siblings into Enrichment Classes by using the “Add a Guest” feature. Unfortunately our new platform does not have family profiles, so you cannot select a different child’s name, but you can add a sibling as a guest. Members: Please see the section below called Adding Siblings to Enrichment Classes or Open Play.
- How can I book a birthday party for my child? Please visit our Parties Page for more information and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability.
- Can I bring my own decorations? Absolutely! Feel free to bring a wide range of decorations to personalize your party space (a few exceptions below). However, we kindly ask you to remove all decorations at the end of your event, leaving our space as you found it.
- Are there any restrictions on decorations? We kindly request that you refrain from using glitter or confetti to maintain the cleanliness of our space. Additionally, please avoid using duct tape or package tape that could damage/remove paint from our walls.
- Will your team assist with set up and/or clean up of food, beverage and decorations? While we will have a team member available to address any questions or concerns you may have, the setup and cleanup of decorations, food and beverage, and other arrangements are your responsibility.
- Is there an option for the Lovage team to set up my party? Unfortunately we are no longer offering party setup and cleanup by our team members.
- Do you have a kitchen available? We have a simple refrigerator, but do not have kitchen facilities on-site for reheating or cooking food. Unfortunately, this also means we do not have ice readily available. However, there's a convenient Star Market located on the other side of the Prudential building.
- Can we have deliveries before the party? No, unfortunately we cannot accommodate deliveries or storage of decorations, food, beverages, or other in advance of your party. We kindly ask that all food, beverage, and decoration deliveries be scheduled within the one-hour period prior to the start of your party. Guests are responsible for coordinating all deliveries.
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed at private Little Lovage birthday parties? Unfortunately we are not able to allow alcohol in our space at this time. Please do not bring alcoholic beverages to a birthday party.
- Can I bring in activities or entertainment? Yes! Generally we allow guests to bring their own activities and entertainment, but please discuss this with our Event Coordinator during booking to confirm and answer any logistical questions.
- Do you offer an option for Lovage teacher-led activities? No, unfortunately we do not have the capacity to offer Lovage teacher-led activities at private birthday parties at this time.