Little Lovage Club is hiring a
Weekend Support Team Member!
Little Lovage Club is seeking Weekend Support Team Members to join our team. This position involves providing support to children and families within our play space at Prudential Center on Saturdays and Sundays, with a flexible weekend schedule ranging from approximately six (6) to twelve (12) hours per weekend between approximately 8:30 am – 6:30pm (hours are flexible and shifts may be split). Additional option for some weekday afternoon shifts (approximately 1pm – 5:30pm, hours are flexible). Ideal candidates will possess prior childcare experience and have a genuine love for being around children and families.
The hourly rate for this position starts at $22.00 with opportunities for advancement. The position is also eligible for tips of at least $50/party when staffing birthday parties.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a brief email telling us about your interest in this role to Lauren at email@example.com.
About Little Lovage Club
We are Boston’s premier parenting resource. We offer a wide range of parent and baby support groups, infant and toddler enrichment classes, parenting workshops, public events, family gatherings, and birthday celebrations. Our mission is dedicated to helping families grow, learn, and love. Our facility is located at Prudential Center, 800 Boylston Street, and features two classroom spaces, a spacious open play area equipped with toys and structures for movement, and a parent lounge area.
Responsibilities for Birthday Parties
- Transition the space from Open Play and Enrichment Classes to Parties.
- Greet clients, guests and vendors upon their arrival.
- Assist clients with the setup of their party, including decorations and food/beverage arrangements.
- Answer questions and provide troubleshooting assistance, if issues arise.
- Ensure that clients and guests adhere to rules that promote safe and positive behavior in the play space.
- Manage ongoing safety and cleanliness of the facilities.
Responsibilities for Open Play
- Provide assistance at the front desk, offering high-quality customer service and address customer questions and needs.
- Assist in creating a safe and nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Establish rules to encourage positive behaviors in the play space.
- Assist in picking up and setting up toys in the play space and vacuum the play area as needed.
- Contribute to the ongoing safety and cleanliness of the facilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent (Mandatory)
- Preferred: Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Preferred: Minimum of 1 year of childcare experience
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a culturally diverse community.
- Strong communication skills, a cheerful and friendly demeanor, and a genuine affinity for working with children.
- Resourcefulness, independence, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Willingness to attend necessary staff meetings and training sessions, as assigned.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- People-oriented with the ability to remain calm in challenging situations and seek to understand the underlying causes.
- Prompt reporting of any issues in the space to your Manager in a timely manner.
Please note that Little Lovage requires all successful applicants to provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment, as well as successfully passing a background check, including CORI/SORI verification.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a short email telling us about your interest in this role to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.